It’s safe to say that by 2019, traditional marketing will have been fully eclipsed by social media.
Yet, social media is still growing and hasn’t even reached the peak of its popularity yet.
Is your business trying to reach these audiences? Are you’re in the middle of overhauling your current marketing structure?
You need to see these social media marketing statistics.
GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STATS
These general social media marketing facts include basic stats about internet users and social networking sites.
They explain just how people are using every form of social media these days. Many of these stats point out just how vital these platforms are to people who use them frequently.
1) Customer service matters. People who report receiving good social media customer service will spend 21% more money on that company’s products.
2) Video has become the most popular form of social media marketing. On top of this, most social media marketers use video over everything else. The two facts correlate well.
3) 91% of social media users use mobile devices to access their accounts.
4) Over half of the people on social media interact with brands more than once a month. They are using it for more than just sharing updates about their lives.
5) Over 88% of all companies are now marketing on social media. If you aren’t then, now is the time to get started.
6) In Kenya, 7 out of every 10 people have at least one social media profile.
Twitter Social Media Users Statistics
7) In 2018, Twitter was considered to be one of the top digital publishing companies. This means that it has a large share of the market, and allows you to reach plenty of potential (and current) customers.
8) Twitter has over 335 million users.
9) Customer service is the key. 85% of the small and medium businesses on Twitter emphasize the need to provide this service on the platform.
10) Video creation matters. 42% percent of marketers in Kenya. who use Twitter are confident in their ability to create videos to connect with customers.
11) People on Twitter are more educated than those on other platforms. 29% of all users have at least a college degree. You can use this fact to adjust your ad spend accordingly.
12) Larger businesses take advantage of Twitter more than smaller ones. 88% of all companies that have more than 100 employees use this form of social media content marketing.
13) Social media marketing statistics include those on feelings. For example, 83% of the people who sent a Tweet to a company and received a response, felt better about the company and were more likely to do business with them.
14) According to Twitter’s shareholder information, in the third quarter of 2017, Twitter live-streamed over 830 events. 75% of those viewers were located outside of the United States. This proves that the platform has a global marketing reach.
15) Following a brand on Twitter is meaningful to users. 72% of the people who follow brands on Twitter are likely to purchase items or services from them.
16) Twitter attracts male followers. Over 24% of all internet users who have Twitter accounts are male.
17) Almost half of all Twitter users check in on their accounts every day.
18) The ideal age group for Twitter consists of those who are between 18 and 29. They make up 37% of all users.
19) The 30 to 49 age group is right behind them at 25%.
20) Outside of the United States, the top three countries of Twitter users are Brazil (27.7 million accounts), Japan (25.9 million accounts), and Mexico (23.5 million accounts.)
Facebook Marketing Statistics
21) The ratio of people on Facebook is fairly even, as 75% of male internet users are on the platform, compared to 84% of women.
22) Facebook is a great place for video content (number two only to YouTube. Every day, over 100 million hours of video content is viewed there.
23) Speaking of Facebook Business Pages, you’ll find that over 50 million businesses have one.
24) Of those Facebook Business Pages, there are only two million of them that use the platform for advertising purposes. There’s a niche waiting to be filled there.
25) 35 minutes each day. That’s how much time people spend on Facebook While this doesn’t sound like much, it can be enough to make an impact.
26) On top of this, most people access Facebook around eight times each day. This means that the 35-minute amount mentioned above is broken down quite a bit, leaving you with mere minutes to capture their attention.
27) Overall, every minute there are 400 new Facebook users, 54,000 links that are shared, 147,000 new uploaded photos, and 317,000 status updates. How many of them pertain to your company?
28) Many Facebook ads contain video content. 44% of all marketers intend to pay to promote their video content posts.
29) Facebook is incredibly popular with marketers, according to some social media statistics. Over 93% of all marketers take advantage of Facebook’s easy to set up advertising options.
30) Images matter as well. If your Facebook ads contain images, then they will be between 75% and 90% more effective.
31) Facebook advertisements need to catch people’s attention very quickly. Almost half of their value should be communicated in the first three seconds that the ad is up.
32) The Click Through Rate (CTR) is one of those marketing statistics that most people probably wish they could forget. It’s a mere 0.9%, but at least that gives it plenty of room to grow. This also varies based on demographics. Find out how much it costs to advertise on Facebook.
33) Facebook leads the way with social media ad spending. 93% of social media advertisers use Facebook ads on a regular basis.
34) Make sure to set your Facebook ad posts to deploy on weekday afternoons. That’s when you’ll reach the more people.
Pinterest Marketing Statistics
Pinterest is one of those platforms that tend to get overlooked. Marketers think of pinboards as being full of random images that don’t have a lot of meaning. This line of thinking is entirely wrong, as these social media marketing statistics will attest.
35) 25% of all referral traffic that goes to retail websites comes from Pinterest.
36) Pinterest has 146 million fashion boards found on the site. The second highest number? 100 million food boards. Restaurants need to take advantage of this!
37) 67% of all Pinterest users are in the coveted under-40 age group.
38) The salaries of people who use Pinterest is higher than average. Over 40% of themhave a total yearly household income of $100,000 while most of the remaining amount of users (50%) make over $50,000 per year.
39) Pinterest ranks fourth in popularity among social media users, and that number is growing slowly.
40) Speaking of growth, over half of the people signing up for Pinterest are men. It’s no longer a place almost solely for women.
41) People use Pinterest to plan what they’re going to purchase. Over 93% of all usersstated this in a recent survey. Small business owners should use this to gain an entirely new customer base.
42) Promoted pins can lead to sales. Over 50% of all people surveyed admitted that they bought something off of one.
43) Mobile devices are popular amongst Pinterest users. 85% of all searches for topics like home furnishings and recipes are done through the Pinterest app.
44) The popularity of your pins depends on its category. If your business falls into the following categories, then you’re in luck: gifts, drinks, food, flowers, hobbies, art supplies, and art. These are the pins that 47% of all users search for and share.
45) Pinners (those who use Pinterest) would like to see more brand content on the platform. 78% of them state that they welcome brands, and an additional 66% say that they would make purchases from those pins.
46) Businesses using Pinterest’s social media advertising platform report getting $2 in profit for every $1 spent. You can’t beat that rate of return!
47) If your business specializes in holiday or special occasion items, then you’ll like this fact. People who use Pinterest start the planning process twice as early as everyone else. You can take advantage of this by setting up your social media ads appropriately.
48) Frequent travelers are another demographic that is popular on Pinterest. Three out of every four people who plan their trips using the platform think that the pins produced by brands are useful.